UNC CNS Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure
If your Common Numbering System (CNS) course isn’t transferring the way you expect, initiate the UNC CNS Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure below.
The UNC CNS Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure only applies to CNS courses. Visit https://coursetransfer.northcarolina.edu/cns-download to view the CNS List.
THIS IS A TIME SENSITIVE PROCESS, and you MUST meet the deadlines set by your university. We recommend that you start the process of transferring course credit from one college or university to another early in your transfer process.
Steps for filing an appeal:
- Contact the office in which your credit was evaluated to review your request. Generally, they can provide you with the most accurate information and resolve the issue.
- Proceed to step two ONLY if you feel the issue has not been resolved.
- Submit a CNS Transfer Credit Appeal form along with supporting documentation to the Office of the Registrar at the UNC System institution to which you have been admitted or currently attending.
- The Office of the Registrar will provide a written response (email or letter) to your appeal within 15 days. Check your university email!
- Proceed to step three ONLY if you feel that the issue has not been resolved by the Office of the Registrar.
Submit a CNS Transfer Credit Appeal form and supporting documentation to the UNC CNS coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the UNC System Office.
- You must submit the appeal to the UNC CNS coordinator within 15 days of receipt of your university’s decision.
- The UNC CNS coordinator shall provide a written response (email or letter) to your appeal within 15 business days. Check your university email!